- A Book dedicated to the Pact of the Catacombs
- ANNO SANTO STRAORDINARIO: GIUBILEO DELLA MISERICORDIA
- "Aggiornamento – allora e oggi — Una prospettiva per il futuro" Pontificia Università Gregoriana 11-12 dicembre 2015
- Report International Conference "50th Anniversary of Nostra ætate” — Gregorian University (Rome) 26-28 October 2015
- Document and PPT available — UISG/USG meeting: "Religiosi e laici oltre il bisogno: la trasmissione del carisma" (7 October 2015)
- 'SETTING UP A COMMUNICATION OFFICE' (Workshop 'Presence online' a cura di Multimedia International e UISG)
- Tour and mass in S. Domitilla - 20 September 2015 (waiting for the 50th Anniversary of the Pacts of the Catacombs)
- Nuova pubblicazione EMI (Editrice Missionaria Italiana)
- DEFINITIVE PROGRAMME AND POSTER — Pact of the Catacombs - The 50th Anniversary
- Fr. Tesfaye Tadesse new Superior General of the Comboni Missionaries
Paolo SUESS affirms that: "Missiology, which up to the Second Vatican Council had been an optional appendix to the pastoral field, became a fundamental theology and a central nucleus of the theology of Vatican II. Mission is the guiding star in the constellation of the 16 Documents of the Council, which emerged from practical pastoral demands. Liturgical practices, biblical readings, ecumenical living, necessity for a new presence in the world of the working classes, pointed to the need for a doctrinal realignment of the relationship between the Church, the modern world, specific cultures and humanity".
Paolo SUESS led the participants in the workshop SEDOS organized on 10 November 2012 into a journey through these sixteen Decrees of the Second Vatican Council, bringing out the highlights of each document and the challenges for us today. The topic: "Para una Iglesia versus populum: Memoria y proyecto", and the subtopic "La propuesta misionera del Vaticano II revisitada en el cincuentenario de su apertura" are very gripping and we found the journey we made with Paolo SUESS very rewarding as we continue to explore ways and means for a renewed understanding and practice of the global Mission. We are happy to make the text i available to the SEDOS' Readership across the world.
Fr. James KROEGER, MM, participated in the Tenth Plenary Assembly of the Federation of Asian Bishops Conferences (FABC) from 10-16 December 2012, in Vietnam; and he has conveyed to us what transpired during the Assembly. FABC celebrated then its fortieth or ruby anniversary (1972-2012). "The beautiful title superbly captures the spirit of the week-long prayerful reflections: "Renewed Evangelizers for New Evangelization in Asia". One finds much inspiration in the document: "This has truly been a Week of Faith." "At the core of the New Evangelization ... is the clarion call to be authentic and credible witnesses of Jesus the Lord and Saviour". "We need to live a spirituality of New Evangelization". "If we exist for mission, we need to have a passion for mission". "May Mary, the Mother of Jesus and our Mother, accompany us as we walk the roads of Asia, to 'tell the story of Jesus'".
Dr. Jacques MATTHEW in his article: "Débat actuel sur la nature missionnaire de l'Eglise. Point de vue protestant" successfully expresses the impact of today's missiology on both the Catholic Church and the World Council of Churches. He sees the years 2012-2013 as very propitious ones, given the topics the Catholic Church chose for her Thirteenth Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops on the "New Evangelization for the Transmission of the Christian Faith", 7-28 October 2012. And the upcoming Tenth Assembly of the WCC in Busan, the Republic of Korea, has chosen as its theme: "Together Towards Life: Mission and Evangelism in Changing Landscapes. A New WCC Affirmation on Mission and Evangelism". The focus for both is missiology. Dr. Jacques MATHEW is analyzing the content and the approach used in both documents; emphasizing points of convergence and divergence.
The three articles bring out the relevance of missiology as fundamental theology for the Church today.
Sr Nzenzili MBOMA, FMM
SEDOS Executive Director